Monday, July 20, 2009


I have been a successful and highly regarded wedding photographer in the Kansas City area since 2005. I began my enthusiasm for photography when I was very young by taking snap shots of my friends and family. Once I learned how to compose images, process film and develop prints I became enamored with the art. My true appreciation for journalistic photography grew from shooting sporting events. Observing people and capturing storytelling moments fueled my desire to become a wedding photographer. I love being a part of a wedding day. It allows me to be social and artistic, composed and spontaneous.

It is important to know what kind of photos you are expecting from a photographer on your wedding day. Traditional photos are usually, posed, controlled and classic. Journalistic photos are typically more relaxed, candid and unposed. Artistic photos are more contemporary and can be a mixture of posed and unposed.
My goal as a wedding photographer is to have a rich combination of all three styles. The key to being a great photographer is flexibility. No one couple is a like. Each event is full of different personalities that need to be obtained in their own unique way. Some days I am allowed to be unobtrusive and I am able to acquire images of couples during their most intimate interactions. Other couples need more assistance and I must take control while still blending into their environment.


Getting to know the bride and groom, hearing their story and seeing them interact with each other before the day of the wedding is crucial. My one-on-one relationship creates a comfortable environment for both myself and my clients to relax and express ourselves. My goal is to come up with a creative dynamic wedding photography plan that will produce a complete inspirational product that all of your friends, family and you yourselves will marvel at. My images tell incredible stories of love, family, expression and tradition. I am a capturer of emotion, chronicler of moods and a documenter of life. I have a gifted eye for detail and an appreciation for a wedding’s beauty and elegance that has allowed me to perfect a craft that results in capturing exceptional and significant storytelling moments. I have a commitment to my clients and I am honored to be involved in their special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment